Thursday, 1 August 2013

Review - Maybelline colossal volum' express smokey eyes mascara



Maybelline colossal volum' express smokey eyes mascara - £7.99

I have mixed reviews review on this mascara, if i was to write this review a month ago i would be telling you how much i hate it and how you shouldn't go out and buy it, but now my view has changed.

The first time i wore this mascara it started to crumble of my lashes throughout the day (this has never happened before to me) The bits of crumbled of mascara then either went in my eyes and made my eyes hurt or went under my eyes and made a mess. Because of this i was not to impressed, and just thought it didn't even make my eye lashes look fantastic or anything so its not even worth the crumbling because it doesnt really do anything specail. I gave it one more go and  it did the same thing, so i dismissed it off as being a rubbish mascara and put it to the back of my makeup collection, feeling disappointed.

Then about a month later i thought i would give it another go before i threw it out and i loved it! Yes my opinion changed a lot it didn't crumble off my eyelashes, didn't smudge and stayed on my eye lashes all day. I don't know why it was so terrible the first time and not now maybe its dried out and that's helped which sounds weird but who knows.I hope that main was faulty or something and that's why it was so awful the first time i used it, because now it works really well and the brush is great at separating the lashes and making them look longer, fuller and more even.

Would i repurchase/ recommend? - | YES | NO | MAYBE (in hope that main was faulty)


 Sorry it was more of a ramblings review then information.Hope it still helps in someway.

Thanks for reading






16 comments:

  1. I like the look of this mascara brush, been looking around a bit for a new mascara to try so thanks for your review. :)
    Now to spend about half an hour in boots staring at the mascaras trying to decide what to try haha!

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i always do that and never realise how long iv been there for ahaha

      x

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love trying out maybelline mascaras..I think I need to buy this now! ^^
    And it's strange how mascaras work sometimes! haha, I had the same problem with the illegal lengths mascara by maybelline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same i love it when a new one comes out ahah, yeah it is ahah

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this mascara! It's one of my faves when I'm on a budget xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review!!I love Maybelline mascaras!:)
    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!:)

    http://punkyandbubblesbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :)
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin?
    Let me know :)

    Kisses!

    http://www.gagcloud.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! We really love your blog!! Would you like to may be follow each other on blogger and facebook?
    If you do just please follow us and we will follow you back.
    Looking forward to your next posts.
    xx
    http://audreyandpearl.blogspot.cz/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Audrey-and-Pearl/396910423691546#!/pages/Audrey-and-Pearl/396910423691546

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! yeah sure on blogger :)

      xxx

      Delete
  7. Nice blog! Would you like follow each other? :)

    www.shel0vefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I have chosen to nominate you for the Liebster Award! please take a look on my blog for more info :) Alice xx
    http://makeupandmagazines.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

i would like to say thankyou for all the lovely comments i get, i will not always reply to them apart from questions ,but read every single one and it really makes my day, so carry on leaving comments i love hearing from you!