Saturday, 1 June 2013

nail varnish cake stand holder/organiser

If your stuck how to organise and store your nail varnish, this could be your solution. Follow the steps below to create your own nail varnish holder like above. 





1- first of all get your cardboard and place your cake stand on top of it, then take your pencil and draw around the bottom of your cake stand, then cut it out. Test it out to see if fits, if it doesn't trim it till it dose.

2- in about the middle with your pencil or scissors make a hole, then draw a line from the middle to the edge then cut it out. You will now have to make the hole bigger and the line wider till it will fit your cake stand.

3- place the piece of cardboard into the bottom section of the cake stand.




4- for the middle section cut out what you think the size circle will be, then trim till it fits and repeat the above steps.

5- for the top section cut out a circle that you think will fit it then, then trim it till it fits and then put it in the top section.  



6 - Then place all you nail varnish into the cake stand, i personally like to organise them into colours,
  • top section- clear,whites,nudes
  • middle section-pink,purple,orange,red 
  • bottom section -green,blue,grey,black (i have some spare space so also keep nail polish, nail files,gems etc.. anything to do with nails really)
Its up to you though how you organise them, that's just how i do.


Hope you found this helpful if your stuck how to organise/store your nail varnish/polish, how do you organise/store yours? tell me in the comments or on twitter i would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading








26 comments:

  1. Such a handy way to store them!:) xxx

    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the cake stand from? I've been looking for one like this for ages as I saw a while back that Dolly Bow Bow stored her make-up this way and have been looking ever since but can't seem to find!

    It looks really good!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got it from homebase about a year ago but i think this is the same one:
      http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=293090

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Very thrifty, I do love the rainbow effect for sorting out polishes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same its my favourite way, i always think it looks so organised and colourful,

      xxx

      Delete
  4. Adorable, great idea! i need to do this! :) KX

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first glance it thought you bought the cake stand then read further down it is a diy awesome job looks super organized now i usually shove all my nail varnishes in a quality street tub with the label taken off your idea is so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaah i used to just store main like that too but then i fought they were too pretty and colour to be hidden hahah,

      xxx

      Delete
  6. I I just have mine in a drawer with a blog of that colour on the lid so I can see easily what colour it is.

    Check out the giveaway on my blog for your chance to win a M.A.C lipstick or eyeshadow of your choice :) http://beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/mac-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a good idea so you dont need to pick each one up to see what colour it is,might try it.

      xxx

      Delete
  7. Wow, it's so beautiful! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! I'm definately going to have to get one of these! :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Very cute and organized. I keep mine in a bunch of random boxes I have. Haha. Definitely need to look into doing something like this. Thanks for sharing! I followed you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should its so handy to have them all out and be able to see what colour they are, thanks :)

      xxx

      Delete
  10. Such a good idea!! Thanks!
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive just read through some of your blogposts and i actually really like your blog! Your posts are really easy to read too! Ive followed you aswell:-) i look forward to seeing future posts xx

    http://misslaura199.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the follow dear :)
    This is amazing! I'm off to buy something similar this weekend, thank you.
    New follower, Cute blog!

    chanelle jade

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  13. I nominated you for the Liebster Award :)
    For more informations check out my blog :)

    Have a nice day! Kiss Catherine
    http://beautylovefashionthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love this idea so much!! Great work hun! x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow thank you for this idea, it will be usefuul c: I followed you back, thanks ! You have an amazing blog!!
    xoxo
    parisian-fairytale.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! I love this! <3 Em

    http://theskinnybyemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so well thought!! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. that's a really nice way of storing your nail polishes:) like it a lot.



    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Perfect way of organising nail varnishes. I am definitely going to try this out, I have several so they would look perfect.

    I bet it makes you want to buy new nail varnishes to feature on it?

    I'm really new to blogging, and I'd appreciate a little bit of feedback on my blog to help me improve.

    I've followed you, follow me back? :)

    XoXo

    http://girlchasingthedream.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

i would like to say thankyou for all the lovely comments i get, i will not always reply to them apart from questions ,but read every single one and it really makes my day, so carry on leaving comments i love hearing from you!