Saturday, 22 December 2012

Review - The Body Shop liquid eyeliner


About:The Body Shop liquid eyeliner in 01 Black retails at £9.00. 

Body shop says:

This liquid liner is easy to control. The fine felt-tipped applicator delivers colour exactly where you want it.

  • Easy to apply
  • smudge-resistant
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Opthalmologically tested
  • Suitable for contact-lens wearers



Application:

I would say this eyeliner is very easy to apply the brush is a bit like a felt tip and is quite stiff so it is easy to get a straight line. It also has a thin tip so it is easy to get a thick or thin line.


Colour:

The colour is definitely an intense black if it is gone over twice, but if not it is still quite a dark black but not quite as intense. Once dry it has a lovely matte effect unlike most liquid eyeliners.


Staying power:

It stays okay on the eye's all day but in old places it starts to fade a little and can some times be smudged.


Other:
For some reason when i first apply this eyeliner it makes my eyes sting. Once it has dried my eyes stop stinging, but if i rub my eyes my eyes start stinging again. This is probably because i have some of the eyeliner in my eye's or something, but am not quite sure why my eyes hurt when i first apply it.

Good points:

  • It's matte
  • Is an intense black 
  • Easy to apply

Bad points:

  • quite expensive 
  • makes my eyes sting

Overall:

Overall I wouldn't say its a terrible eyeliner but its not one i would repurchase and is definitely not one for someone with sensitive eyes or maybe contact- lens wearers even though it says it is. I may even throw this eyeliner away because it hurts my eyes so much, which is a real shame because everything else about it is good well apart from the price and i have heard lots of good reviews about it and love lots of the bodyshop products so it was a bit of a let down for me.


Thanks for reading,
I hope this helps some of you if you were wondering whether or not to buy this eyeliner. If you have any request tell me in the comments below or on twitter at Dazzleulooks also tell me what you thought of this post i would love to hear what you think.



1 comment:

i would like to say thankyou for all the lovely comments i get, i will not always reply to them apart from questions ,but read every single one and it really makes my day, so carry on leaving comments i love hearing from you!